IMPORTANT: Please read before beginning
This quick start guide will tell you how to use the eLogic Genesis Client Portal to apply for The Arkansas COVID-19 Fresh Start Housing Stabilization Program (The Fresh Start Housing Program). Find additional resources in AR Fresh Start - Frequently Asked Questions.
How long will I have to complete my application?
You will have ten (10) calendar days to complete your application once you've begun. Incomplete applications after ten days will be denied and you will need to reapply.
Can I reapply if I am denied once?
If you were denied benefits because your landlord refused to accept payment or if you are currently homeless or staying with family or friends due to having no other housing options, you can reapply for benefits.
If you qualify, the Fresh Start Program will pay an amount up to one month’s rent as necessary to pay a security deposit at a new dwelling, and 1.5 months of rent for the new dwelling. The new landlord must agree to accept payment from the program.
If you need to reapply in the future, log into your account and repeat the application process - DO NOT create a new record using the link from the AR Fresh Start website.
I have a "rent-to-own" and "lease-to-own" agreement
For the purposes of the Arkansas Fresh Start COVID-19 Housing Stabilization Program, applicants who have "rent-to-own" and "lease-to-own" agreements are qualified to apply for the program as these types of agreements are considered similar to rental agreements. You will need to be able to give documentation related to these agreements to your caseworker.
I clicked the wrong link from the AR Fresh Start Website
If you clicked the wrong link in the AR Fresh Start Website, DO NOT enter your email address. Return to the website and click the correct link.
If you have already entered your email address and created your account, follow the instructions shown here, then return to this article when finished to continue the application process.
Please read all instructions carefully!
There are separate directions for Desktop and Mobile. Be sure you follow the directions carefully for the device you are using.
Follow each step exactly as written. If you have any questions throughout the application process...
- Look through this article to see if you can find the answer
- If you cannot find an answer to your question, contact your local CAA -
- If you do not have the CAA's information, return to www.arfreshstart.com, scroll down and locate their information from the interactive map
Create Your Record Through the Client Portal
After you click the link from the Arkansas website, you will be brought to a new page that reads "Accept Invitation".
Enter your primary email address, click Accept, then stay on this page!
You will receive an email with the subject "eLogic Genesis Email Confirmation Requested" from email@example.com - please wait up ten minutes for the email to be delivered. If you do not see it, check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
When you receive the email, open it and:
- Enter the four digit Confirmation Code from the email into the "Accept Invitation" page under Email Confirmation Code
- Create a password for your account by entering it in the Password and Confirm password fields
- Enter your First Name and Last Name in the text fields
- Select AR from the State drop-down list
- Locate and select the county you live in from the County drop-down list
- Click Accept - If you receive a message that reads "You already have a record in this agency", contact the agency and speak with a caseworker
When you finish the instructions above, you will need to wait for the next step.
A representative from your local Community Action Agency will be notified and assign you a caseworker. When a caseworker is assigned to you, you will receive an email with the subject "eLogic Genesis: Assigned to Specialist".
- When you receive this email, open it and click the link to login or go to https://app.elogicgenesis.com/login
- Enter your login credentials - your username is your email address and your password is the one you just created
- Click Login
- Continue to Begin Your Application below
Begin Your Application
You should be prompted to immediately select and begin the "The Arkansas COVID-19 Fresh Start Housing Stabilization Program" application process. If you do not see this prompt, follow the steps below to start your application. After you have started your application, continue to Enter Your Information.
Enter Your Information
You will need to enter your and all adults' (age 18 or older) information in each intake tab.
- The "Intake" tab is your information
- "Household Member 2" = second adult's information (If you're the only adult in the household, you may skip these next steps.)
- "HHM3" = third adult's information
- "HHM4" = fourth adult's information
- "HHM5" = fifth adult's information
Enter Household Income Information
You will need to enter your and all 18+ household members' income.
All income entered must also have proof of income documentation uploaded your record for the previous month (if applying in November, provide October's proof of income documents).
!!! If any household members over the age of 18 have income, it must also be entered. You can enter up to four other household members' income in the boxes below following the same steps addressed below under Desktop or Mobile:
- Income - 2nd Household Member
- Income - 3rd Household Member
- Income - 4th Household Member
- Income - 5th Household Member
No sources of income? Continue to "No Sources of Income?" below.
No sources of income? Follow these steps:
In order to submit your application, you will need to upload the documentation listed below and label each file.
Your caseworker may contact you and send you other files to fill out and upload.
- One form of ID
- On the intake page, you selected a "Type of Identification Provided (One form of ID required for applicant only):" drop-down list. Be sure you upload the form of ID you have selected.
- First page of Lease/Tenant Agreement
- Your caseworker will need either the first page of your Lease or Tenant Agreement that shows the important information about your rental. If you do not have a lease or tenant agreement, a rent receipt will work.
- Remember that you must submit the previous month's income. For example, If you are applying in November, submit October's documentation. If you are applying in December, submit November's documentation.
- If your household has no income sources, be sure you follow these directions. Your caseworker will provide an additional document for you to fill out and upload
Check and Submit Application
You will receive an email and system notification that your application has been submitted and is under review. Your caseworker will begin processing your application after it is submitted and will be in touch with next steps.